What's new

Not impressed

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Haha! Yes, I was in doubt there and the "bear" variant seemed too "animally" for me. Wrong choice. I'm not the Brokeback mountain kind of guy :)
Yeah, when you see a sign "bear right" is that an instruction or a warning? :D

It could be either
Bear-Crossing-Sign-K-9506-BEAR-R.gif

original_bear-left-bear-right-print.jpg

9298575.jpg

bear with me.... one more for good measure :)

Last edited:

Plantje

On topic: I hope the topic starter will get back to us. I think if you give the Surface 3 a shot it will be descent. If not, I think you have a faulty device and you should return it.
The Surface 3 is the first tablet that allows me to actually get work done while on the train. Whereas with previous convertibles (Asus Vivotab RT and Asus T100TA) I was doing some web browsing, going through my Nextgen reader stuff and some chatting with my girlfriend. Anything beyond that was more hassle than productive work.
Next to that the Surface 3 is the device that allows me to take actual notes in OneNote using the Surface Pro 4 pen that I got with it.

A lot can be improved and I hope they will improve that stuff with a Surface 4, but for now it is a great device!

BubbaUK

I have the same issue and have had this issue since I update to win 10. When using Chrome I sometimes cannot even close a tab or interact with the page. Everything is up to date so you cannot blame it on software updates. I have to use the track pad, mouse or pen to close the page or gain control.

I get exactly this on the Surface Pro 3, notably with Firefox. You can prod away with your finger or pen and nothing happens; use the mouse or trackpad to close it and it works just fine. This happened before and still happens after the anniversary update.

As an aside, the anniversary update does seem to have made the screen more sensitive to touch; before I had a strip where touching didn't work (though the pen did), but now it's generally okay all over for finger touch.

Plantje

Hmmm... still, wink or no wink... the intention seems to be: you need to have some IT skills if you want to use a Surface (Pro) as opposed to Apple products where you don't have that need.

I've been having the 'touch' problem for well over a year. No updates make an improvement. The problem is I can't get any joy from the browser when using the pen, nor can I get any sign of life when using my finger. I use my bluetooth keyboard to scroll the page (either up or down) and it seems to fix the problem. I also have problems when trying to close a tab with the pen. No matter what I do or how hard I press, the tab won't close however when I ask the browser to close completely down at the task bar, voila, success. It is one of the reasons why I don't recommend the S3 to anyone.