What's new

not normal fan noise (rattling?)

Zkyevolved

Hello everyone. Today I told my SP4 to sync a lot of data off my server and the fan turned on. It sounded a little off. It sound like it was rattling... Does anyone else have this kind of sound? or is this normal? Since my fan hardly ever turns on, I just noticed it.

Thanks.

OP
Zkyevolved

Zkyevolved

Hi Zkyevolve

I do notice the same noise when the fan turns on (which only happens when doing intensive work, like gaming).
Thank you. yes, I hardly ever hear it, and I had to put like 7 youtube videos on 1080p streaming to get it to get it on.

Thank you. :)

DavidZ

It's hard to tell from that short clip with all the extraneous noises, but I think my fan is much quieter. Also, it's hard to distinguish volume from a sound clip. It depends on your microphone placement, recording level, etc.

Didn't you have one or more previous SP4s with a fan? How does it compare to you?

OP
Zkyevolved

Zkyevolved

It's hard to tell from that short clip with all the extraneous noises, but I think my fan is much quieter. Also, it's hard to distinguish volume from a sound clip. It depends on your microphone placement, recording level, etc.

Didn't you have one or more previous SP4s with a fan? How does it compare to you?
Yes, I've had other devices. They didn't make this kind of noise. That's why I'm asking. It didn't sound right, but maybe it's still all right.

DavidZ

Yes, I've had other devices. They didn't make this kind of noise. That's why I'm asking. It didn't sound right, but maybe it's still all right.

I wouldn't put up with that if I could still return it. Even if it doesn't bother you, it's a sign that something is wrong and will likely only get worse and probably break eventually.

OP
Zkyevolved

Zkyevolved

I wouldn't put up with that if I could still return it. Even if it doesn't bother you, it's a sign that something is wrong and will likely only get worse and probably break eventually.
You're right... Paying so much money, I shouldn't settle for this kind of oversight in QC. Thanks DavidZ :)