What's new

Not sure I have Performance Base?

MickeyLittle

Hey guys I just got home from BB with my new Surface Book and they had the same deal that I see advertised on Amazon but I see the Amazon site calls it the updated model and now I really don't see that advertised from BB. I don't even want to open this box if it isn't the newer model so how can I tell just looking at the outside packaging?

I checked the model number on Amazon and it is slightly different.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@MickeyLittle

I can't remember the look of the box for my Surface Book with Performance Base, but I believe it was indeed clearly marked. I wouldn't open that box. Worth going back or waiting for.

flar

I was at BB yesterday and asked if they had the Performance Base models on sale and they checked and the prices were retail. They had great deals on the older models from last year. I'd suspect that you ended up with an older model.

What deal did you get and for which model?

lovedingbao

b38390cd32121ccdb1b6fe6c74f37b10.jpg

You can see the difference between the description of the GPU. hope it would help you and not too late

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone know what Go RAM is? i.e 8GB/Go RAM
I assume it's a distinction of the size since they also use that nomenclature on the storage 256GB/Go.

Lawyers are ruining everything.

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

I ended up returning it to BB and getting the 1 from Amazon as they are different. Amazon has the i5 8gig Ram 128 SSD with Windows 10 Anniversary Edition and BB did not have the updated edition. The part number changed from like CR9-00001 to CR9-00013.

My new question is do I really have the performance base or not. I ask because I want to order the correct UAG case and this seems to be iffy...
https://www.amazon.com/Surface-Feat...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=EFF0MRYADP38HP3MJYQW

moe.t

Performance bases are all i7s, I believe.

So if it's an i5 it wouldn't be the performance base.

wynand32

Performance bases are all i7s, I believe.

So if it's an i5 it wouldn't be the performance base.

In fact, Microsoft can't decide if they want to call the new model the Surface Book i7 or Surface Book with Performance Base.

Lobo

It's multi-lingual. The French call them octets instead of bytes.

Oh my. I know the French are on the obsessive side when it comes to their language but why bother messing with international units of measure? :rolleyes:

If every language on earth insisted on that, they'd have to deliver that Surface Book in a 40 ft freight container to fit all the memory descriptions. :p