What's new

Not waking up after sleep

quaff1976

I'm having an issue since applying the fall update. When waking up from sleep, my SP3 is occasionally not bringing up the login screen. The screen is black and the backlight comes on. I can move the mouse around with the touchpad. The only way to get out of this scenario is to hold down the power and volume up buttons.

It seems to only happen after the SP3 has been sleeping for a while. If I just lock it and come back 10 minutes later, this doesn't happen. Anyone else experience this issue?

I posted a potential solution to this issue on the SP3 window 8 section.

What I did was install Intel's latest video driver (beta) and it seems to have solved this problem for me.

OP
Q

quaff1976

It still happens couple times a week. I found that a CTRL-ALT-DEL combo on the type cover will bring up the login screen.

alfred-socal

I posted a potential solution to this issue on the SP3 window 8 section.

What I did was install Intel's latest video driver (beta) and it seems to have solved this problem for me.

Would you mind sharing a link to the driver?

'Coz, whenever I Uninstall drivers and have Windows re-install OR, Update Driver - I'm still getting the same.

Now, the question then becomes, would the Intel driver for the SP3 work on the S3 (Atom)...? Hhhmmm...

Would you mind sharing a link to the driver?

'Coz, whenever I Uninstall drivers and have Windows re-install OR, Update Driver - I'm still getting the same.

Now, the question then becomes, would the Intel driver for the SP3 work on the S3 (Atom)...? Hhhmmm...

I used the "Beta" version of the Intel driver. I'm not sure if it will work on the Atom version...