What's new

Now, there’s a Surface 3 with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage

You can get your hands on the most basic edition of Microsoft’s Surface 3 for $499 on the Microsoft Store website in the U.S. It comes with 64GB of storage and 2GB of RAM, but what if you want a little more? You could pay $100 more for the 4GB version on the Microsoft Store site, or you might want to pay just $50 more for a mid-range option via other retailers, according to Liliputing.com.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/now-theres-a-mid-sized-surface-3-with-4gb-of-ram-and-64gb-of-storage/#ixzz3anrzDPwM

was this announced originally?

netuser

You can get your hands on the most basic edition of Microsoft’s Surface 3 for $499 on the Microsoft Store website in the U.S. It comes with 64GB of storage and 2GB of RAM, but what if you want a little more? You could pay $100 more for the 4GB version on the Microsoft Store site, or you might want to pay just $50 more for a mid-range option via other retailers, according to Liliputing.com.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/now-theres-a-mid-sized-surface-3-with-4gb-of-ram-and-64gb-of-storage/#ixzz3anrzDPwM

was this announced originally?

It's funny how the article neglects to mention that the extra $50 also includes the OS being upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro. You get both the extra RAM and Windows 8.1 Professional preloaded for $50 more than the 2GB consumer model.

jrioux

It's funny how the article neglects to mention that the extra $50 also includes the OS being upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro. You get both the extra RAM and Windows 8.1 Professional preloaded for $50 more than the 2GB consumer model.
I noticed that. Seems like a great deal if 64GB of storage will do for you.

netuser

Yes, there is a business use case where employees could use these primarily for accessing email, giving presentations and for VPN access to other systems via Remote Desktop.
64GB should be plenty for that type of use.

vxm

It looks like a good bargain to me- considering that once Windows 10 goes live, you'll have some more free space thanks to better compression and lack of dedicated recovery image, plus you always have option to install additional storage via SD card- good config for media consumption and basic work on the go for sure. I'm tempted to try Surface 3, even tho I promised myself not to buy any more Surface devices till Pro 4 rolls out ^^