What's new

Solved Num Lock

J515OP

Super Moderator
Well there is no "number lock" because it isn't a traditional keyboard. By choosing &123 in the lower left corner you are essentially number locking by bringing up the number pad and getting rid of the letters. If that isn't quite what you are looking for you can use the split keyboard which gives you all the numbers and the letters. Not sure what other layout you could be asking for.

Sin

Even with the split on-screen keyboard, if you tap the '&123' key in the lower left corner, you will get a number pad on the right side of the keyboard until you toggle back by hitting the '&123' key again. Works very well. The number pad in the center of the split on-screen keyboard isn't terrible useful when holding the Surface in your hands, but quickly toggling to numbers keyboard works well.

Wykkyd

Is there a way to use the num lock function on the surface pro? either on the on screen keyboard or the touch cover

Yes, there is. And I registered for this forum JUST to provide the answer that even Microsoft's TECH SUPPORT couldn't provide me.

Win+R
type: OSK
click: OK

click: Options
check: Turn On Numeric Keypad

click: NumLock

And now after hours of fighting through unnecessary bull**** I can use my Razer Naga in numpad mode without hassle.

EDIT: Why does everyone, including tech support, think that asking for NUMLOCK means you don't know how to type numbers... come on, people.

Seneleron

I just wanted to bump this because, several months later, here is someone else [me] looking for the exact same answer [activate num lock] for the exact same reason [razer naga keybinds]

Tiane

Yes, there is. And I registered for this forum JUST to provide the answer that even Microsoft's TECH SUPPORT couldn't provide me.

Win+R
type: OSK
click: OK

click: Options
check: Turn On Numeric Keypad

click: NumLock

And now after hours of fighting through unnecessary bull**** I can use my Razer Naga in numpad mode without hassle.

EDIT: Why does everyone, including tech support, think that asking for NUMLOCK means you don't know how to type numbers... come on, people.
can you explain how to do this with greater detail what is win+R where do i type that ... please help daughter needs to use for spanish homework

Tiane

Hold down the windows key (the one with the window on it) then hit the R key.
When the box opens up type the commands.
I tried the number lock like you said... but there was no option for special characters for other languages.. thanks for your help