What's new

Number of Windows 8/RT Apps in the App Store

Araungzeb

Since there didn't seem to be a page on this yet and people seemed interested in tracking app growth in the store app, I decided to start a thread here. Every day I am going to update this post with the amount of apps currently available for Windows 8/Windows RT. I will also be updating a graph (starting tomorrow) that will show app growth over time. Mods, if you feel this is inappropriate or not useful, please feel free to lock/close it.

Current amount of apps in the Microsoft App Store (Eastern United States):​

November 27, 2012, 10:00 AM EST: 11238
November 26, 2012, 9:00 AM EST: 10776

Last edited:

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
It's a nice idea, but here's the problem: The number of apps varying from region to region. So to make this sort of useful you'll have to post your region, any special settings and if you looked with WinRt or Win8. In this case the list would profit by entrances from other regions. As for the frequency: Maybe an update every week is enough.
Just my ideas.

OP
Araungzeb

Araungzeb

It's a nice idea, but here's the problem: The number of apps varying from region to region. So to make this sort of useful you'll have to post your region, any special settings and if you looked with WinRt or Win8. In this case the list would profit by entrances from other regions. As for the frequency: Maybe an update every week is enough.
Just my ideas.

Good point, if anyone else who is not from the Eastern United States would like to keep track of this and provide updates as well, please feel free! Also I wanted to do once a day (at least to begin with) so it would be easy to compile a visual graph showing app growth, if it gets to be too much then I'll decrease it to once a week after a while.

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
Aw: Number of Windows 8/RT Apps in the App Store

Oh btw, there's already a similar project doing stats and graphs: http://www.winappupdate.com/ - a private blog and he's tweeting some recommendations.

Last edited: