What's new

Oct 19, 2013: Microsoft temporarily pulls Windows RT 8.1 update due to 'a situation'

kristalsoldier

Yeah...mine too, but I am some issues with the Mail app. It keeps syncing with my Gmail - its been doing so for the past 36 hours - though I have about 4 GB of mail on Gmail. It should not take that long, should it? I deleted and reinstalled the Mail app - both on my desktop machine and on the RT - twice. As far as I can see, the issue with the 8.1 RT update had to with corrupting the boot record or some such thing, which would have corrupted the install. However, I suspect, there could also be other minor technical reasons too.

ARTFUDD

Unable to upgrade from Surface RT 8.1 Preview to RT 8.1 final... not offered in Store.. in fact most of the time Store will not even connect. Reset does not revert to RT 8.. I guess I will send this stupid thing back for a refund.

beman39

I wonder if these troubles has to do with either the jailbreak or possibly the SD card install mod? who knows...

Jglnaz372

I had the same issue after one of the updates to the 8.1 preview and was not able to access the store. It was blank at first, then I had the cannot connect page. Over the year I had the surface RT I never had to reinstall the OS. I decided to do a refresh and see what happens. It solved the store access issue. The SRT did some updates and I found the direct download for 8.1 RT in the store thanks to a search on google. Took a few hours and everything went fine. From the little I have tested it out, 8.1 on the Surface RT seems smoother and faster. Nothing scientific or measured, but I used a bunch of programs before and after the update and the lag I noticed at times was gone. It is much better then 8.0 that I started with.

OP
O

oion

Unable to upgrade from Surface RT 8.1 Preview to RT 8.1 final... not offered in Store.. in fact most of the time Store will not even connect. Reset does not revert to RT 8.. I guess I will send this stupid thing back for a refund.

Er, did you not read the OP. (8.1 RT is not in the store.)