What's new

October firmware update

mohcho

Well, I have the update installed and was finally able to test the wifi connection from sleep and it still does not reconnect properly when resuming from sleep.

I have checked all my drivers and they have been updated to the latest drivers. This isn't that big of a deal for me as I rarely put it to sleep and then resume, but it'd be nice to have that work. I have to turn off the wifi and back on again before it reconnects to my home wifi. I will check it at the office here and report back.

ScottyS

A couple of additional questions, are there any events related to the Pen in the Application or System Event Logs? Do you have any Specialty or Legacy Software installed or additional Bluetooth Devices that installs software as part of the Driver (i.e. Logitech Suite?).

Have you done a reset?
Ok, when you said "it only connects on "Click" and only long enough to launch OneNote or Screen Clipping, after that it returns to "Not Connected", that is by design to preserve the battery in the Pen" I knew the pen's BT only connected on clicks to save battery so that makes sense, when I click it while the Bluetooth settings screen is on it does change to connect and then disconnects (in this case the old MS axiom is true 'it's not a bug it's a feature) so this means the pen and Surface are working properly; the pen's BT connects and disconnects with each click.

So that leaves something blocking OneNote. I had Logitech setpoint running and Logitech BT mouse driver. I disabled both and will try.

As for OneNote update, I do remember downloading and installing that, but it could have been for my SP1 or for the first SP3 I had. Don't know how to do that again for this but OneNote says my MS Office is up to date when I check updates in File/Account/Office Update/Update Now.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It is possible for the Logitech Suite to break things (it has been to known to happen with previous releases). The KB Patch you're looking for is KB268599....

yonghong

My wifi has problem these day after update, today even worse , the wifi can't be turn on, I shut it down ,still no go , I have to delete Marvell device ,then install ,the wifi works, and check update ,it tell me install the hardware update of oct 28. Weird.....

ScottyS

It is possible for the Logitech Suite to break things (it has been to known to happen with previous releases). The KB Patch you're looking for is KB268599....
MS Support web site says KB268599 is "HOW TO: Configure Windows 2000 to Print to an AppleTalk Print Device". Is that right?

I removed Logitech setpoint from startup and disabled the Ultrathin Bluetooth driver and clicking the pen works . . . in Win 10. But not in Win 8.1.

ScottyS

Both those updates have already been installed.
Thanks anyway.
I can at least leave it in standby in Win10 while at work and it works there (sometimes).

Last edited: