What's new

Offficial Twitter App Now Available

ArnoldC

Yes, using it for a few minutes, comparing it with the Windows Phone 8 one...

In snapped mode, it actually looks the Windows Phone version. Liking it.

I can now remove the clutter from my People Hub :LOL:

Last edited:

borka105

Big win for MS & Windows 8. I also like how the store was instantly updated to highlight the new Twitter app... shows you just how aware Microsoft is of when the big apps get released :)

No need for MetroTwit and Snap mode is the big differentiator for this tablet vis a vis iPad.

Facebook and Pandora are the two other biggies remaining.

TeknoBlast

Even though I Tweetro+, I'm liking the official one. Thanks Twitter for finally releasing a Windows 8 app. Hope others will follow.

TeknoBlast

Yes, they are late to the party, but at least they finally arrived and hopefully Twitter fanatics will stop complaining that Windows 8 does not have an official Twitter app.

pwaggs

I am a paying Tweetro+ user and the simple advantage of the official Twitter App is its speed. It is lean and mean. I do not like that it is missing autocomplete functionality for @mentions and it could use an autocorrect function but the program is simply fast on my RT. In snap mode it is not touched by another available program that I know of. For a 1st version, this app is a solid winner.

pwaggs

I was really glad to see it released yesterday. It's basic but functional and quick. Not bad at all for a first release.

I would hesitate to call it basic. It certainly is not complete, however, it executes very well and very fast. I think it performs in snap mode better than any programs out there and its handling of embedded content and photos is certainly not basic. I am still using it and have not switched back to Tweetro+ yet. Oh and I like the commonality between it and its WP8 cousin.