What's new

Office Download

ivechosen

Is Office 365 the only Office available to download onto the Surface Book. Is there a way to install Office 13 from a CD onto the Surface Book - I really do not want to have to pay a monthly fee just to be able to edit or write docs. That seems a little harsh!!!!

leeshor

Welcome to the forum
2016 can me installed from, (downloaded) the Net. And I have installed 2013 that way too. @ office.com/setup

TimberWolf

As far as I can tell, you cannot get Office 2013 on a CD. Even if you buy the "retail" version, all you get is the product key and instructions on how to download and install it. I would guess that 2016 is the same. Of course, this is still different than a subscription. You pay once and can use it "forever."

everalm

Still using Office 2010, copy the file locally or install of a thumb drive, no problems and to be honest I haven't seen any compelling reason to upgrade.

Orlbuckeye

Is Office 365 the only Office available to download onto the Surface Book. Is there a way to install Office 13 from a CD onto the Surface Book - I really do not want to have to pay a monthly fee just to be able to edit or write docs. That seems a little harsh!!!!
After you install Office and come to the registration part in the small print is a place to click that allows you to enter a enter a Key instead of using it as Office 365.

Orlbuckeye

I have Office 2016 without a subscription on my Surface Book. I just entered the key at the install instead of opting for 365.