What's new

Office Upload Center

ximoosea

I just did a fresh install of Win 10 on my SP3. All went fairly smoothly, however, Onedrive has a lot of file conflicts that are a pain to manually sort out.

I noticed that all of the conflicts are only with Office files...specifically ppt. This got me thinking about Office Upload Center. Honestly I do not see the point in it and want it gone. In previous versions you could get rid of it. Does anyone know how to nuke it in Win10? I am using Office 365. What is the purpose of it anyway?...I would prefer to let Onedrive handle my syncing.

OP
X

ximoosea

Seems I have found the solution. I disabled Office Upload Center and then Onedrive synced fine. Honestly I do not see the use of the Upload Center when you have Onedrive....if fact, every experience I have with it seems to indicate that it just causes problems.

Disable Microsoft Office Upload Center

To disable/configure this open up the Task Scheduler and click on the Task Scheduler Library node. You should see a task here labelled Microsoft Office 15 Sync Maintenance for USERNAME.

Disable the whole trigger (right click and choose disable) or change the Properties of this to amend the trigger that starts the job. For instance, you can delete the trigger that starts on user log on.