What's new

Office365 Now with unlimited OneDrive storage!!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good but... how many doc files and pdfs can you accumulate. many file types cannot be stored on OneDrive.

If I implement deduplication technology what's the max storage it takes to store every
document ever written? :) not that much :)

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Great! I think I will copy the entire Internet over there so that I can read it offline. ;)

I should be able to save a bunch on my broadband account... after the initial copy.

OP
L

lparsons21

Good but... how many doc files and pdfs can you accumulate. many file types cannot be stored on OneDrive.

If I implement deduplication technology what's the max storage it takes to store every
document ever written? :) not that much :)

What can't be stored there? I haven't run across anything yet. Well other than files from OSX that had file names that MS doesn' allow.

leeshor

OneDrive has problems with trying to store programs, EXE, BAT, COM etc. You can't send file with those names using G-Mail. It's a security issue. However, it is possible to fake it out by renaming the extension xex etc.

OP
L

lparsons21

OneDrive has problems with trying to store programs, EXE, BAT, COM etc. You can't send file with those names using G-Mail. It's a security issue. However, it is possible to fake it out by renaming the extension xex etc.

Interesting...

I just copied an exe file with no problem at all. Wonder if the problem isn't G-Mail and not OneDrive??

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting...

I just copied an exe file with no problem at all. Wonder if the problem isn't G-Mail and not OneDrive??
Did you do this in Explorer? And did you verify it synced the file or is there a red "x" on the OneDrive Icon?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I have long maintained a OneDrive folder designated "Software" with .exe, .msi, .bat, .sys, and other stuff there. No problem copying or bringing back using File Explorer or (OS X) Finder.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting.... they no longer block executable files on OneDrive Consumer, but OneDrive for Business still blocks them. I stand corrected.