What's new

OFFICIAL I just got my SP3

HJR

Pleasant surprise -- the mailman arrived with my Surface early today! And I've spent the past 6 hours playing with it and getting reacquainted with Windows. I have to say -- I LOVE THIS THING!! Far, far more versatile than an iPad could ever be. And the battery life is much better than my Macbook Pro ever was -- I'm at 4 something hours of use and I'm only down to 56% after a full charge. I was a little bit hesitant after reading reviews about the keyboard but I think those are all blown out of proportion -- yes, it's not as nice as the Macbook keyboards (it has a bit of "bounce" to it) but it certainly is not much of a problem typing on it for long periods. I wouldn't mind, that's for sure, and I do a lot of typing for my work.

The multiple windows option is amazing and is perfect for multitasking. I love how links in the Mail app open in a new window while still keeping the Mail app open at the side. I can totally see myself replacing my Macbook Pro with this -- I was getting really tired of not being able to work outside my house because of performance/battery issues from the MBP but thanks to the SP3 looks like I'll be able to work comfortably in coffee shops again :)

Is it the i7 ?

thisiscarlo

i5 only. Couldn't justify the extra $300 or whatever for a slightly faster processor, and considering that I've been on a Core 2 Duo for the past 4 or 5+ years (plus the fact that I don't really do any super intense computing) I doubt it would make much of a difference to me.

suprafly

Same here I thought about the i7 512 sad would have been greater for the extra, storage space. But 2g's and then additional accessories, add-on's would be like spending for a extreme gaming laptop.

So my purchase of the i5 256 sad 8gb is perfect, for my daily use and work load. It very snappy and fast for my everyday use and I can't complain about battery life as it does last longer then my laptop that I haul around for work.

kneehawk

Just got my i5 128gb and I'm loving it.
What are some things I should check for?
dead pixels is one, banding is another, but what else?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Just got my i5 128gb and I'm loving it.
What are some things I should check for?
dead pixels is one, banding is another, but what else?
I would go about enjoying it first.... any flaws will manifest themselves rather quickly if they are there.

Apply all of your updates, make sure any legacy software won't Bork the OS and get familiar with your new device. If you run into some issues we'll be happy to help...

JotaR

I got mine yesterday and just loving it! Its everything and a little more.

Bought the i5 8gb ram 256ssd, mine came all updated.

Im searching on Apps tips to get the most of it.

No wifi problem at all!

I had an macbook, this is far better.

So this is my first post in this fórum, nice to meet you guys.

Im from Brazil.

Cheers