What's new

OFFICIAL I just got my SP3

Seneleron

Are you doing any heavy WiFi data transfer when they disconnect? Assuming your not on 5Ghz...
Not really heavy, and I am on 5Ghz A/C. I turned bluetooth off/on and charged the headset a little bit, and so far it's been stable.

That's temporary, the current beta of Chrome is all about fixing how Chrome looks and performs in Windows 8
Gonna go fishing for the latest beta and see if that helps ^^

Now that I'm not torturing it with disabling indexing, extensive windows cleanup, heavy software installations, etc, she's really running smooth. Tomorrow everything will be installed/updated and I'll get to put it to the test, but for now I'm really enjoying just watching some netflix while my software updates.

bamaster

Also, chrome still looks like absolute garbage, but I expected that. Firmware updates took awhile, and my pen seems to sometimes register and sometimes not [it won't click next buttons or it won't manipulate sliders the first time]

By default, the SP3 has a display at 150%. And my Chrome looked terrible, too. I changed the display to 125% and then increased Chrome's magnification to 150%.... it looks pretty good now!

bulls96

First time to preorder. Was in my doorstep when I got home from work.

Attachments

• WP_20140620_003.jpg
    WP_20140620_003.jpg
    438.5 KB · Views: 814

UMPC_Guy

SP3 Battery not charging/no bettery is detected status

I just bought mine and im having a hard time charging. It says its at 0% and its currently plugged in....

I too am having the above issues with my SP3, even after performing the two-button shutdown and installing the Day 1 Firmware and other updates. Anyone resolved this problem?

Seneleron

You have IE right? the hell to chrome.

Thanks anyway, but I prefer using bad looking chrome to functional looking malware and botnets.

Worse, IE imported all my bookmarks in the wrong order, and it just irritates me.

Saul

Anyone else stop getting instant email for this thread?
Only just got one now after a really big delay...

mtalinm

I told myself I would not be so impulsive this time.

I told myself I wasn't sure I wanted a bigger Surface.

I told myself I would wait and see what people think of it.

I told myself I should really wait for the i7 chip and 512 disk.

I told myself I would not buy it on launch day.

But there I was at Best Buy at 8:45pm last night. Salesguy promised me I could bring it back if I didn't like it.

</cardswipe>

olimjj

i told myself i would not be so impulsive this time.

I told myself i wasn't sure i wanted a bigger surface.

I told myself i would wait and see what people think of it.

I told myself i should really wait for the i7 chip and 512 disk.

I told myself i would not buy it on launch day.

But there i was at best buy at 8:45pm last night. Salesguy promised me i could bring it back if i didn't like it.

</cardswipe>

"Resistance Is Futile"

Last edited: