What's new

Official I ordered a Surface Book

bpad

My credit card was also declined this morning. Had to call Citibank and get it fixed. No tracking number or anything.

fonzman78

Just ordered i7/8GB/256 today at the MS store. It was the only model they could guarantee to be available on Oct 26.

FoX4305

I ordered the Surface Book and yesterday Microsoft make an authorisation for the full amount on my credit card. No tracking number for now. :) can't wait ! I talk to a customer agent from Microsoft online and he told me that no surface will be ship before the 26 oct, only the 26 oct :( I was hoping to get it before weekend by chance :)

snowboarder

I talk to a customer agent from Microsoft online and he told me that no surface will be ship before the 26 oct, only the 26 oct ...

Do not believe a single word coming from those people, they have no clue.
I had a pretty big mess with my order because of them, one told me I can not add the MS Care to my order - not true,
another one told me my card was declined on the preorder - not true, another one made me reorder,
so I ended up having 4 orders at some point...
Trust me, they know nothing. There is still hope to get our Books by Saturday.

FoX4305

Do not believe a single word coming from those people, they have no clue.
I had a pretty big mess with my order because of them, one told me I can not add the MS Care to my order - not true,
another one told me my card was declined on the preorder - not true, another one made me reorder,
so I ended up having 4 orders at some point...
Trust me, they know nothing. There is still hope to get our Books by Saturday.

Thanks for the reply, Hoping again :) I also paid for the express shipping.. maybe that will help to get it this week :)

gabe406

Mine just got cancelled after 4 failed attempts. Tech I talked to told me 24 hours before I get an answer. I asked why so long and she told me they are having lots of order problems. Had this ordered on the 7th and because some BS on their end it is now cancelled. This sucks!!!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sadly it's not a new problem, I ran into this on my Surface 2 purchase. Whoever they have running this order process/credit card processing needs a good jacking up. (most likely the company* of the wife or relative of an MS executive so it's a noncompetitive contract situation). Something is definitely wrong when the "Microsoft Store" charges are flagged as fraud by the big CC companies. *Sarah's Credit Card processing and bath oil emporium. :)

Probably something on CC company side - I had similar problems with CC and Apple - my CC company explained it to me, that "usual" charges were something between $0.99 and $9.99 and that order of MacBook Pro was for them "unusual" - so they declined it as an additional "protection". Stupid, but make a sense.