What's new

Official I pre-ordered a Surface Pro 4

MDS

I5 128GB 4GB with Teal keyboard to replace Pro 3 128/4

Had considered the 256GB 8GB. However, after running test on my ram usage at high loads on my Surface Pro 3 I rarely exceeded 65% ram usage. I have a 64 gig SD card installed and have yet to use it with 74 gigs left on hard drive.

Was thinking the Skylake processor would be nice for some gaming which I had not done on my Surface Pro 3 because of the heat. I have a gaming desktop for serious stuff. Still plan on gaming a little on the Surface Pro 4 and the games I'd use will be fine with 4 gig of ram.

So, using the price difference between the 128/4 and 256/8 versions to buy a Microsoft Band 2. Still came out about $50 less. Pricing for used Pros between the 128/4 and 256/8 in my area are about $200. Don't anticipate that will change with the Surface Pro 4 when I someday sell it. And the amount I loose for selling each year is worth it to me. That might change if there is a major upgrade to the Pro series.

Ordered through Amazon this time. In the past had been going through Microsoft or Best Buy. Saved the taxes and my credit card was running a special this quarter with 5% money back for Amazon orders.

I considered the Surface Book only because of the larger screen.

Last edited:

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Because I use the Surface as a geophysical workstation, I am happy about the Book. Surface travels the planet with me - work and play, office and home.

Carolv

Hi all,

Ordered my SP4, i5, 256, 8GB from the Microsoft store. Am 'impatiently' waiting. LOL. My laptop I use for work is currently giving me problems and I don't want to clean install til I have the new SP4 set up.

I originally posted this in the 'Introductions' thread as a way to introduce myself. Was directed to this thread. I apologize if that was the wrong thread.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi all,

Ordered my SP4, i5, 256, 8GB from the Microsoft store. Am 'impatiently' waiting. LOL. My laptop I use for work is currently giving me problems and I don't want to clean install til I have the new SP4 set up.

I originally posted this in the 'Introductions' thread as a way to introduce myself. Was directed to this thread. I apologize if that was the wrong thread.
No worries, welcome aboard and I hope the days waiting for your new device pass quickly. :)

Carolv

No worries, welcome aboard and I hope the days waiting for your new device pass quickly. :)

Thanks GreyFox7. I ordered the Bundle with it. I think it came with Office 365 Personal. May check if I can upgrade to the Home edition. Patience is NOT one of my virtues. LOL

cafutter

I preordered SP4 I7, 8 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD storage.
Logic: i7 to last into future requirements.
I am not sure how 16GB RAM will help me since I am not a gamer.
256GB because I store very little on my device and use the cloud a lot and backup hard drives
I ordered the keyboard with the fingerprint.
I also ordered the new Dock.
I also bought the extended warrantee.
Will need to get video output cables for my monitors.

I was using a SP1(purchased Feb 2013) which Microsoft recently replaced free of charge with a pro 2 because mine was having difficulty and they couldn't fix it.

kirby

Ordered via Amazon (replacing my SP2):

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (128 GB, 4 GB RAM, Intel Core i5)
URBAN ARMOR GEAR Surface Pro 4 Case-Black/Black-Visual Packaging
SanDisk Ultra 128GB Ultra Micro SDXC UHS-I/Class 10 Card with Adapter (SDSQUNC-128G-GN6MA) [Newest Version]
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Type Cover (Black)

Should do the trick for me :D

Carolv

Ordered via Amazon (replacing my SP2):

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (128 GB, 4 GB RAM, Intel Core i5)
URBAN ARMOR GEAR Surface Pro 4 Case-Black/Black-Visual Packaging
SanDisk Ultra 128GB Ultra Micro SDXC UHS-I/Class 10 Card with Adapter (SDSQUNC-128G-GN6MA) [Newest Version]
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Type Cover (Black)

Should do the trick for me :D

I may have to order that SanDisk card. Looks nice.