What's new

Official I received my Surface Book

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
@unruledboy Not seeing anything but a bunch of circles with backslash through it. Did you paste local pictures or something from onedrive with no public access?

unruledboy

@unruledboy Not seeing anything but a bunch of circles with backslash through it. Did you paste local pictures or something from onedrive with no public access?

mmm.... wierd. I need to have a look. for the time being, I will delete it.

xapache

So I received my i7, 512gb, 16gb Ram Surface Book this morning but am unable to connect to wifi. In fact at the login screen all I have is an icon showing the Ethernet is not connected. I can't even select a wifi network for some reason.

The battery is completely dead so I'm charging but I don't see how that will change anything.

Am I missing something?

kvr

So I received my i7, 512gb, 16gb Ram Surface Book this morning but am unable to connect to wifi. In fact at the login screen all I have is an icon showing the Ethernet is not connected. I can't even select a wifi network for some reason.

The battery is completely dead so I'm charging but I don't see how that will change anything.

Am I missing something?
I had the same issue with my i5/256/dgpu. I let it charge a little, kept it plugged in, then hit the power icon on the screen and chose restart. Then I got the menu for setting language, etc. I'm going through that setup now.

xapache

That did the trick. I hadn't ever seen such behavior before since it was plugged in I was baffled.

Beautiful machine. Only 1 super minor gripe - the feet could be a little sticker but that is pushing the limits of my negative comments on the first MS laptop. More later as I get my hands dirty.

Deryl McCarty

got it this AM as well. Niiiice. heavier than I imagined, but not a biggie. taking me forever to move favorites from SP3 to SB. But got that done.

battery was at 30 when I turned it on, but in 2 hours or a little less it was fully charged. I noted that Battery 1 as charged first then 2 but a running "average" was displayed for all to see.

WiFi did come on right away, but have a wired connection as well which finally showed up after the drivers downloaded. Got all the "updates" plus a today firmware update that applied to both the SB and SP3.

Screen is nice, touch pad about perfect, and the KB is muuuch better to type on than the Surface detachable on the SP3.

laorient

Got my SB i7 16GB/512GB dGPU. The keyboard is not working. Tried restart and doesn't work. Now updating through windows update. Fingers crossed.

fowwiee

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445968680.108362.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445968699.375289.jpg

Here's mine!

MadeByMicrosoft

Quick question guys: when you have the screen reversed, is the the keyboard disabled?

I use the pen 90% of the time, but sometimes I might want to type a few worlds without flipping the screen around (i hate onscreen keyboards).