What's new

Official Windows 10 Insiders thread

Great. I really hope that Edge will get gesture and plugin support soon. Then I can finally ditch Chrome. Not a bad browser but it becomes bigger and more sluggish for every new release. Time for fresh blood in the browser arena!

GTiceman

I also have high hopes for Edge. I am happy to say the 4256 drivers are making my SP3 display run seamlessly.

Looking forward to the next update push so we can test some new features out.

Mhaddy

Great. I really hope that Edge will get gesture and plugin support soon. Then I can finally ditch Chrome. Not a bad browser but it becomes bigger and more sluggish for every new release. Time for fresh blood in the browser arena!
Edge needs a few more things than that to replace Chrome. Personally I'm waiting on pinch to zoom (esp. on sites on maps.google.ca) and Google Inbox support along with greater touch support for Google Drive. Yes, all Google-related but if I cannot give up Chrome as I am too heavily invested in its ecosystem.

malberttoo

Edge needs a few more things than that to replace Chrome. Personally I'm waiting on pinch to zoom (esp. on sites on maps.google.ca) and Google Inbox support along with greater touch support for Google Drive. Yes, all Google-related but if I cannot give up Chrome as I am too heavily invested in its ecosystem.

I also love Chrome and use it heavily on my workstation at work. But on my SP3 I love to do 2-finger scrolling with the touchpad, and Chrome scrolls terribly. IE and Edge are buttery smooth. As well, Chrome makes my SP3 run hot and hits my battery when I'm not plugged in. So IE or Edge only pretty much for me on the SP3.

cliffr39

now that Win10 is released, I'm looking forward to seeing any new features they have in mind to add along the journey.

lhauser

Sometimes I feel like one of a half dozen people in the world who don't have problems with Windows. Yes, I went back and forth between 8.1 and the TP several times, but that was usually because of usability issues, not technical difficulties. Things are pretty peachy for me.

I've spent a lot of my life being an uber-geek and an early adopter. I'm a fanatic for backup so I don't lose critical data even if I do something that makes my machine go belly-up (a frequent occurence in my Linux days). I still love messing around with operating systems, even old ones (ooooh, what's that on my hard drive? A CP/M emulator? Cool!). But as I get older, I find myself happy with a working system that doesn't get in the way of what I want to do. Windows has pretty much always been that for me.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
All you former Technical Preview persons:

Go to your www.microsoft.com account and check out Devices. You will probably find multiple entries for the same device serial number, including what version of Windows and Build. Microsoft uses this device list to coordinate your syncing. I have noticed that my login speed has greatly improved after cleaning up this list, by removing devices.

I have two machines running Windows 10 - a Surface Pro 3 and a MacBook via Parallels. Each had multiple entries, to the point that there were 11 devices on my list. Cut back to the two.