What's new

Official Windows 10 Insiders thread

lhauser

I discovered this week that I had to specifically change my updates settings again to receive preview builds in Win10. I put myself on the fast track Wednesday and haven't received any hint of 10525. An article I stumbled on at the answers.microsoft.com site said I would need to wait up to 48 hours for the Compatibility Advisor to run after re-enabling Insider Previews, but it's been longer than that. Does anyone know what else I can do to prod this thing?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I discovered this week that I had to specifically change my updates settings again to receive preview builds in Win10. I put myself on the fast track Wednesday and haven't received any hint of 10525. An article I stumbled on at the answers.microsoft.com site said I would need to wait up to 48 hours for the Compatibility Advisor to run after re-enabling Insider Previews, but it's been longer than that. Does anyone know what else I can do to prod this thing?
There was some sort of "glitch" this week... my SP3 which has never been on the Preview Program or installed preview build started showing signs of being in the Preview, then after several hours it all went back to almost normal, except a few settings changed which I cannot change back. me thinks somebody did a big OOPS. :)

GTiceman

I am having issues with 525, been reporting them. Apps crashing, extreme slowdowns. Tablet mode not always engaging. Brightness not changing.

Considering rolling back

lhauser

My 10525 install finally rolled out last night. As anticipated, Chrome died at once -- that is, it started, but all extensions crashed and I couldn't even get to the settings page. I couldn't get the --no-sandbox option to work, Windows told me it was invalid. I thought I had 64-bit installed, (along with Canary which I wasn't using), but the shortcut properties said my target was in Program Files (x86). Anyway, I uninstalled it, installed 32-bit again, and it started right up without a problem. I'm writing from Chrome now, with no extra arguments on the shortcut.

Edited to add: When I uninstalled, I told it not to delete my browsing data. When I reinstalled, all my favorites, extensions, etc, were there without the need to set them up again.

GTiceman

Anyone ever have the "Try Again" issue in Windows Store with Error Code 0x8007003? I can't seem to update anything