What's new

Official Windows 10 Insiders thread

Russ

Anybody know of a way to get it to skip to 16226?
Wynand --
After reading your post, I checked on my Shop machine and found that it had installed 16226 overnight. I came back to this machine, the one with the update problem, clicked on the Retry button in Update, and Voila!, it is installing 16226 as I write this. I didn't do anything other than click Retry, so assume Microsoft solved the problem.
Regards,
Russ

wynand32

Wynand --
After reading your post, I checked on my Shop machine and found that it had installed 16226 overnight. I came back to this machine, the one with the update problem, clicked on the Retry button in Update, and Voila!, it is installing 16226 as I write this. I didn't do anything other than click Retry, so assume Microsoft solved the problem.
Regards,
Russ

Thanks, but crud. Mine keeps downloading and trying to install 16215. Not at all sure how to get it to recognize the 16226 is available and install that instead.

Russ

Not at all sure how to get it to recognize the 16226 is available and install that instead.
Wynand --
Sorry, but I'm no help. I just clicked Retry and went off to do other stuff. When I came back, it asked for a Restart and then it installed without incident. I am not aware of anything I did to encourage it.
Good luck,
Russ

wynand32

Okay, finally figured out a way around it. I moved the machine to Insiders Slow, checked for updates and nothing, then back to Fast. When I checked for updates afterward, 16226 showed up and installed without issues.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Edge Browser pinch and zoom on touchscreen not working

I am running 16257 and thought this may help someone:

Edge Browser in Insider Build 16257 works well, with the exception of touchscreen pinch and zoom. I tried for several days to troubleshoot, but discovered something on both of my Surface Book computers, which had this symptom. Starting Google Chrome Desktop just once and closing it repaired Edge. Pinch and zoom using the touchscreen works. Seems likely that some task was hung, though I am not a Chrome user, and have not even installed Chrome on any builds this year to-date.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I've been one day using Insider Preview 17704, which includes the BETA for the Edge Browser.

Look at the slew of other updates that come after installing this Build ...

2018-06-28.png

wynand32

Were these updates just pushed to Insiders? I remember hearing about a large firmware/driver update, and it hasn't shown up on my SB2 15". Perhaps that's because I'm not on the Insider builds?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for prompting me to look closer, @wynand32 .

I don't think these updates were pushed to Insiders exclusively. I have two Surface Book computers, both of which were updated. Only one received the updates. It is likely that the machine with all the updates (SB2 15 inch) did not have its registry properly showing that it already had these updates.

wynand32

Thanks for prompting me to look closer, @wynand32 .

I don't think these updates were pushed to Insiders exclusively. I have two Surface Book computers, both of which were updated. Only one received the updates. It is likely that the machine with all the updates (SB2 15 inch) did not have its registry properly showing that it already had these updates.

Sorry, didn't quite follow your logic there... Which systems were and were not updated with the latest drivers/firmware?