What's new

Official Windows 10, post upgrade discussions and problems

Arizona Willie

Giver Brother a try. Works better than the Canon did and you get REAL support instead of a sales message trying to sell you a new one.

PS I have no financial interest in Brother ( sadly ).
========

I know Canon is a PITA about it. Love their products but hate that about the support.

GTiceman

I really only use mine for printing photos I take which Brother never seemed to do that good of a job on. Any work related contracts I send to our Ricoh

Last edited:

Bomber93

I upgraded my SPro3 to Windows 10 about a month ago, it was easy and quite intuitive. However I wish I never had, my machine is practically unusable and I have to convert it back. I have had 5 main problems none of which ever occurred prior to the upgrade:
1. The keyboard now only works about 90% of the time, the connections are fine and I have tried a replacement, no change. Very frustrating
2. It does not maintain the WiFi connections like it used to, I'm constantly having to reconnect which never happened under Win8
3. I often lose an page I am viewing and have to refresh it to get it back
4. It locks up at least 3 times a week, this never happened before
5. Picture downloads on web sites now take ages, yet I am using the same WiFi connection I did prior to 10 which were lightening fast
I would not recommend it at all, at this stage.

GTiceman

I upgraded my SPro3 to Windows 10 about a month ago, it was easy and quite intuitive. However I wish I never had, my machine is practically unusable and I have to convert it back. I have had 5 main problems none of which ever occurred prior to the upgrade:
1. The keyboard now only works about 90% of the time, the connections are fine and I have tried a replacement, no change. Very frustrating
2. It does not maintain the WiFi connections like it used to, I'm constantly having to reconnect which never happened under Win8
3. I often lose an page I am viewing and have to refresh it to get it back
4. It locks up at least 3 times a week, this never happened before
5. Picture downloads on web sites now take ages, yet I am using the same WiFi connection I did prior to 10 which were lightening fast
I would not recommend it at all, at this stage.

Did you do a clean install or try a refresh? I know it is frustrating to have to reinstall everything but if you are having that many issues I would do a refresh. Also, in terms of the keyboard I wonder if something could have happened to the connections on your Surface and not the keyboard end.

Bomber93

Did you do a clean install or try a refresh? I know it is frustrating to have to reinstall everything but if you are having that many issues I would do a refresh. Also, in terms of the keyboard I wonder if something could have happened to the connections on your Surface and not the keyboard end.
I rolled back to Windows 8.1 yesterday and all the issues are resolved. I plan on staying there for a while. Thanks

cherylsahal5

I'm having some issues regarding the use of appplications and other menus. I'm using the older version of Windows 10. Planning to upgrade. Go2top.

bPatrik

Hi.

Anyone else noticing that surface's screen gets darker on generally dark pages, and bright when seeing white or other bright colors? This should work the other way! If i barely see a dark page, its even harder to see it with the new windows brightness settings. Its bad even on max brightness sometimes with auto brightness off. I noticed it first in recent months. I rolled back the intel HD graphics driver and if was fine again. Now, new windows update and its bad again, so had to roll back again. Microsoft really messed up something...

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@bPatrik ,

Sorry you are having this problem.

I only noticed that on my Surface Book 2 when I had a piece of stray vinyl skin stuck over the ambient light sensor. Make sure your Surface sensors are clean, and the Ambient Light Sensor driver is updated in the Device Manager.