What's new

Oh, Crap!

ArnoldC

Honestly, I can't think of an appropriate title for this thread.

My Surface RT is officially 1 week old today, and I noticed this-

Crap1_zpsb0e28ef5.jpg

Crap2_zps3d9b680e.jpg

I'm still thinking if should live with it, or send it back which is not going to be easy considering I am, and the tablet is, in the Philippines, and it was purchased in Australia.

yeewiz

I'm not sure from what I see in the picture but you're talking about those little nicks right where the metal frame meets the glass? and the raw metal showing an inch or two going up from there? That sucks but how did you NOT see that when you opened the box? are the nicks right about where the USB port is?

yeewiz

any chance that the nicks occurred when you missed inserting USB drive? as for the other exposed edges, i have no theories other than something during inserting into traveling case? now I'm going to be on the lookout when this occurs to me. my condolences ...

OP
ArnoldC

ArnoldC

No, no chance missing the USB port, also I don't have a travelling case, yet. :D

I strongly believe, it was caused by my sweat, which is somewhat acidic. That area is where I always hold it. But the left side did not show any, so I guess I just revealed VaporMG's weakness.

OP
ArnoldC

ArnoldC

Had a chat with an agent from My Surface Support, and they will replace it. But I have to bring it back to Australia, which my friend who purchased it can do, and he returns to the Philippines. That would mean I wouldn't have the Surface for at least 3 months. Damn!

I also noticed that my Surface have a hardware warranty up to February, 2015. What a pleasant surprise!

OP
ArnoldC

ArnoldC

Well, I have had three watches that corroded badly when I was younger, and that prompted me to stick to Citizen titanium watch for nearly a decade. My Calvin Klein titanium frame is showing small signs of corrosion.

cali

Guess, you're going to have to stay aware of this in the future. Too bad you have to wait so long for the replacement.