What's new

OH Y E A H my credit card was charged sp2 on the way.....

karu11

hate you guys who got it(not really hate, but so jealous!) Anyways, those who preordered from BestBuy, I just got off chat with them, and they are backordered until 11/01/2013. I guess preordering as early as a day after announcement is not good enough these days.

oion

hate you guys who got it(not really hate, but so jealous!) Anyways, those who preordered from BestBuy, I just got off chat with them, and they are backordered until 11/01/2013. I guess preordering as early as a day after announcement is not good enough these days.

It probably depends on the preorder source. Those who preordered direct from MS seem to be the ones getting their Surfaces first (which kind of makes sense, I suppose).

ejo3rd

Pre-ordered my SP2 256 Sept 24. Microsoft tried to charge my card 10/18 but the bank thought it was a fraudulent charge. I immediately got it cleared at the bank, contacted Microsoft and told the person to resubmit the charge. Contacted them again Monday to confirm the recharge and delivery. They assured me that everything was in order and I would get my SP2 256 Oct. 22. Nothing arrived today. I called them and they said "your bank denied the charge last week so we could not process the order" WTF!!!! Great customer service.......... They have no idea when I should expect my order.

"UPDATE" I received an e-mail from the Microsoft store stating my type cover 2 was shipped and would be delivered today. I called to inquire about my SP2 256 which was on the same order. They told me "the Surface Pro 2 order was cancelled but the type cover was shipped". They gave no reason for the cancellation but apologized for the confusion. They said I would have to place a new order which would ship for Dec 5th. I declined and got an RMA for the Type Cover. On the way home today I stopped at Best Buy and bought a SP2 256 with no problem. A few minutes ago I got an e-mail from the Microsoft store stating my Surface Pro 2 has been shipped and will be delivered tomorrow?!?!?!
Does anyone want to purchase my "cancelled " order before I ship it back?? Microsoft has some serious issues with their store.............

Last edited:

schnieds

I preordered the 256GB Surface Pro 2 at Best Buy six days ago. It shipped today and UPS tracking said it should be delivered end of the day Monday. They have some in stock at a Best Buy about 40 min. drive as well. I might just go pick up one tomorrow and return the one they are shipping to me. :)

rmrper99

Well, for those of us with the pre-orders stuck due to our credit card thinking the charge was fraudulent, I received this email from the MS Store last night.

"Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for pre-ordering Surface from Microsoft online store.

Unfortunately, we were unable to ship your pre-order XXXXXXXXXXXX because your credit card company could not authorize your order for purchase. We have not canceled your order, and continue to hold your Surface for you.

In order to complete your order to purchase your Surface, you will need to provide another credit card for authorization between Friday, October 25th and Sunday, October 27th. We will email you by the end of the week with a link to update your payment information. If we don't hear from you in this window, we can no longer hold your order, but you can place another for future delivery.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause. If you have any questions, please call us at 877-696-7786 so we can help.

Thank you for shopping at the Microsoft online store. We look forward to getting Surface in your hands soon!"

Hopefully this will get it taken care of then and I will have products in hand by early next week.

jpvonhemel

Pre-ordered my SP2 256 Sept 24. Microsoft tried to charge my card 10/18 but the bank thought it was a fraudulent charge. I immediately got it cleared at the bank, contacted Microsoft and told the person to resubmit the charge. Contacted them again Monday to confirm the recharge and delivery. They assured me that everything was in order and I would get my SP2 256 Oct. 22. Nothing arrived today. I called them and they said "your bank denied the charge last week so we could not process the order" WTF!!!! Great customer service.......... They have no idea when I should expect my order.

Same problem. Was escalated through a tweet to @surface or @microsoftstore. This worked out in the end. I reconsidered truly needing the 256/8 and decided I didn't really need to spend the extra 300 on it. I canceled the preorder and bought a 128 from best buy. A "signature" support rep called me and said there was some processes that failed and they were going to fix it. He was going to have one shipped from an MS store since I had cancelled. So they were going to help me, I just had to complain to get that level of support.

I am somewhat of an apple fan boy and for good reason. Say what you will about their hardware pricing, but Apple customer support is truly phenomenal and their first line support people are empowered to help the customer. I felt like the MS phone and chat support had no resources to help me beyond "escalate". And it has nothing to do with the outsourcing to another country. I wouldn't have cared if they spoke in a vulcan accent as long as they could have had a button that said "try the CC again"

So why did an apple customer buy a surface? Remote Desktop/VPN, Access, and One Note. I am a disorganized person and OneNote and the wacom pen will help me change this. Index my notes and let me search! If this helps me, it will be worth twice the price.

I want to see Surface and Microsoft succeed. They really need to radically improve Microsoft Store phone and chat support as well as the ordering process to deal with cc issues prior to release. The support in the retail location was fine, its just 2 hours away from me.

Now I need to figure out how to order MS Complete without having to drive to Denver to do it.

Regards,

jerold

CrippsCorner

Seems like this is happening to an awful lot of people buying from the Microsoft Store... I had this with the Surface Pro in the UK.

rmrper99

Well, I got the email this morning from MS with a link to edit my payment information (needs to be done by the 27th or the order is cancelled). So, I'm using the same card, but I called the credit card company first and told them to expect a charge from MS and gave them the exact dollar amount, and that it's a legit charge so please approve it. Then, I resubmitted my payment info. Hopefully, this will be the end of it and the SP2 will show up at my door early next week.

Tgrey

still not shipped, just bought one in the store and cancelled pre order, they have a lot of 256G in stock. what's the point of pre order if you don't get it delivered on release date.