What's new

One Drive extra space?

alescro

Hello everybody, my name is Alessandro.
As a brand new owner of a great Surface Pro 3, have I right to some extra-space on Onedrive? I thought a sort of special offer was in place but I am not so sure.
Please help me if you can.
Cheers

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everybody, my name is Alessandro.
As a brand new owner of a great Surface Pro 3, have I right to some extra-space on Onedrive? I thought a sort of special offer was in place but I am not so sure.
Please help me if you can.
Cheers
That offer was for the Gen2 Devices - Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2...not the SP3 sorry

OP
A

alescro

I also got an Office 365 subscription through my university. I know 1TB of space should be included, however I don't know how to claim it... again, someone knows how to do?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
What version of Office 365? If it is Business SKU you'll get 1TB of OneDrive for Business which can be setup via the Office 365 Portal, if it is a Student or Personal SKU it will OneDrive Consumer which should be associated with your Microsoft Account and should just be credited to your account.

OP
A

alescro

It's called Office 365 ProPlus... I think it's been activated through the institutional account of my university which is different from my personal account.

daniielrp

It's called Office 365 ProPlus... I think it's been activated through the institutional account of my university which is different from my personal account.

Well you'd have to use the unit account on the Pro 3 then, not your personal one as the extra space gets added to the Microsoft account that is linked to O365

kristalsoldier

Question about the O365 Univ/ Academic version. Suppose a student or an academic has this version and gets the 1TB space. After 2-3 years that student finishes with school or the academic moves on into another career, what happens to the subscription (assuming that the life of that subscription has not expired till then)?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Question about the O365 Univ/ Academic version. Suppose a student or an academic has this version and gets the 1TB space. After 2-3 years that student finishes with school or the academic moves on into another career, what happens to the subscription (assuming that the life of that subscription has not expired till then)?
They should be able to migrate to a valid license for their new status.... that is the Legal Answer the actual is as long as the subscription is still valid they can continue to use it with the understanding they are out of licensing compliance.

kristalsoldier

They should be able to migrate to a valid license for their new status.... that is the Legal Answer the actual is as long as the subscription is still valid they can continue to use it with the understanding they are out of licensing compliance.

Thanks.

ptrkhh

Create an account at MEGA, you get 50 GB space immediately. Apart from online-only placeholder files, MEGA and OneDrive are pretty much identical