What's new

One of the best tablets I've ever had the pleasure of owning.

tuxdude143

So I got my surface pro 2 on christmas last year and after 4 months of usage I love it! Its fast, its powerful and most importantly its portable! I've found it perfect for school and home and its practicly replaced my home pc! I mean what other tablet do you know of that can run skyrim? I just love my pro 2 so much and think that microsoft did an amazing job on it! The pen is great for taking notes at school as well! I honesty just love this thing to pieces and have nothing but praise to shower upon microsoft for making this amazing tablet. I am proud to be part of the ever growing surface community!

jefhart

It is a pretty nice piece of hardware. I used it to take notes the other day in a meeting and was surprised how good the handwriting recognition works. Welcome to the forum!

OP
T

tuxdude143

Thanks! The handwriting recognition blew me out of the water as well because my handwriting is terrible! (Half the times its illegible!) but the handwriting recognition got it right pretty much each time! Plus the ability to lean on the screen while writing is massively useful for me because I'm a left hander so I naturally lean on the object I'm writing on.

macmee

I am either in 2 states:

1. I love the thing

2. I think it's the biggest piece of buggy **** to ever exist

Unfortunately Microsoft is the only company with the balls to put a full OS on a tablet though, so for now I'm stuck with them.

jefhart

What sort of bugs are you encountering? I haven't really had any problems in the months I've had mine...

TheJokker

No bugs from me either; of course I'm an IT guy so I know what to avoid. Microsoft products vs Apple give you much more freedom. In general they are vastly more powerful but with power comes responsibility. If you install a buggy program or use a device with buggy drivers is it Microsoft's fault? Apple doesn't give you the choice thereby protecting you but they are also denying you the freedom to use good programs or devices outside of the Apple world.

undrwater

"Best" being relative, I can say this has been the most useful tablet / slate I've ever used.

I've used the adjective "clunky" to describe the iteration of Windows on this device, and "quirky" would suffice as well. Still, don't take my Surface Pro 2 away from me.

TunaSurface

Yea it's a fantastic piece of tech. I love it since i can do pretty much all i need to do with it.
Its just a little too fat.