What's new

One small thing I wish 8.1 did...

mitchellvii

Allow me to turn off that damned little dot that appears under my pen when I try to write. It serves no purpose at all other than to remind me incessantly that yes, I am in fact using my pen. It makes it hard for me to write because it tends to lag behind the pen stroke a bit so I can't follow what I'm writing and makes my already terrible handwriting worse.

On my Note 10.1 and Note 2 they have the same dot but YOU CAN TURN IT OFF. Imagine that, giving users options. Crazy whacky idea.

I know the dot may not bother others but for me it is like a constantly buzzing little gnat on my screen. So please MS, if you are listening, allow me to stomp the bug.

bug.gif

Last edited:

Lolvo

o6qau.jpg

That would irk me, too. I know where I'm writing...

Attachments

• qm.gif
    qm.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 871
Last edited:
OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Lol, better chance of someone that matters noticing it here than contacting MS directly where my complaint would fall into the dark black chasm of Customer No Service :) As far as I know, isn't this pretty much the only Surface Forum online?

DOS

Lol, better chance of someone that matters noticing it here than contacting MS directly where my complaint would fall into the dark black chasm of Customer No Service :) As far as I know, isn't this pretty much the only Surface Forum online?

Microsoft has a forum for the Surface Pro, I would think you would have a better chance of someone "that matters" seeing it there...

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

A post like this should really come with a link attached. I mean - its the internet dude...

Ha! That made me laugh. Yes, you should get Internet Penalty Points anytime you refer someone to a site without dropping a link.

DOS, you now have 5 Internet Demerits! Bad boy! :)