What's new

One the features I love and cannot believe i lived without

Igor

OMFG I am so blind......... Thanks for showing me, I nevwr looked there. go figure... must to damn old.

Haha, no problem. I thought you might have missed it because if you don't know it's there you may never look or notice. Enjoy. :)

Nuspieds

I also believe that with the one and only USB port on the Surface, they definitely had to provide a charging one elsewhere.

But I've been a fan of and using multiple-device charging units for some time now. I started off with the iGo AC charger that had double-heads so that I can charge two devices at the same time. Then with my Lenovo laptop, I ordered the slim power adapter that also has two plugs: One for my laptop and another that has exchangeable power tips so that I can charge other devices.

mitchellvii

I can attach my Surface Pro to an external monitor and bluetooth keyboard and turn the SP screen off. I can then turn my SP over and use it to keep my coffee cup warm while I read the morning news on my monitor.

spectre51

I can attach my Surface Pro to an external monitor and bluetooth keyboard and turn the SP screen off. I can then turn my SP over and use it to keep my coffee cup warm while I read the morning news on my monitor.

LOL yeah this thing can get a little hot.

Cambo

The simple back and forth between apps and desktop mode. It's two devices in one.
yep I love the split screen on this. at the moment I have a usb hub connected, with my phone and a hard drive and switching back and forward is a dream

CrippsCorner

Being able to slide from 'back' and 'forward' in IE with your thumbs is just a god send compared to having to move up to the top left hand corner like on an iPad.

Igor

Being able to slide from 'back' and 'forward' in IE with your thumbs is just a god send compared to having to move up to the top left hand corner like on an iPad.

Doesn't the iPad do back and forward with a 2 finger swipe? Or is that just a jailbreak feature? I forget.

CrippsCorner

Doesn't the iPad do back and forward with a 2 finger swipe? Or is that just a jailbreak feature? I forget.

I don't believe it does, no. I've tried with my girlfriend's iPad and found it annoying that it didn't work, because the Trackpad for Mac is a wonderful device and it works on there fine. However, this feature is coming in iOS 7... Microsoft ahead of Apple for once lol.

Just to add... another great 'feature' kinda, of the Surface is the screen. I decided to try watching a TV show whilst in the bath the other day, I wasn't confident it was going to work well because where I have to place it is actually higher than my bath, and obviously the screen is angled up. However, even with me low in the bath I was still able to watch it perfectly, viewing angles are just amazing. Now just to hope it doesn't fall in
cool.png

tonyz3

The simple back and forth between apps and desktop mode. It's two devices in one.
nice way to look at it. I do think that having the "option" - Glad MS took my idea :wink:- to have the same wallpaper on the DT and startscreen will help alot.