What's new

OneDrive - 'automatic' download of pictures stopped working

r_europe

For a while I have been using and enjoying the automatic upload of photos from my phone (Lumia 830) to OneDrive, which are then shortly afterwards visible on my SP3 in the File Explorer view of OneDrive in 'Camera Roll' in a 'Pictures' folder there.

A week or so ago, however, this function just stopped working for some reason - apparently of its own accord. I can see the new photos in 'Camera Roll' on the web version of OneDrive, but they won't 'automatically' download themselves any more to the File Explorer folder. OneDrive offers me the possibility to manually download pictures I select from the web version, but this is not the same thing.

Whatever I do, I don't seem able to get the 'automatic' download functionality back for my pictures. However, I don't have this problem with documents and other items stored on OneDrive.

I feel like I must be missing something really obvious, but I just can't work it out. I have a huge amount of OneDrive space available (nearly 1Tb), so its not that.

Any ideas?