What's new

OneDrive connection problem

Tsurugaya

I have done the "Map Network Drive" to OneDrive and it seem to work, but how do I get it to sign in automatically when I but my SP3? Batch files are a thing of the past, no?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
You mean if you reboot your drive mapping is gone?

How did you map the drive?

If you used the Map Network Drive button in Explorer it should be persistent and by default Reconnect at Sign-in is checked.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
BTW "How to" tags are meant for instructions not questions... although you can put How to in the headline to make it a question... a subtle difference I know but thems is the standards. :)

Kris

I mapped Onedrive the way someone posted instructions on and then from a posted video but it requires me to log in every time I reboot. I get an error every time I boot telling me it can't connect to all network drives. It wont connect until I double click on the drive and put in my credentials or hit ok if it remembers them.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I mapped Onedrive the way someone posted instructions on and then from a posted video but it requires me to log in every time I reboot. I get an error every time I boot telling me it can't connect to all network drives. It wont connect until I double click on the drive and put in my credentials or hit ok if it remembers them.
Ok to double check from those instructions:
"Also, make sure you have the 2 boxes checked and you will be prompted to enter you Microsoft Account Info, when prompted make sure you Check the box to remember you credentials"​

So if you DID check the box to remember your credentials then it might be an underperforming or suboptimal feature. :)

Kris

Ok to double check from those instructions:
"Also, make sure you have the 2 boxes checked and you will be prompted to enter you Microsoft Account Info, when prompted make sure you Check the box to remember you credentials"​

So if you DID check the box to remember your credentials then it might be an underperforming or suboptimal feature. :)
I did check both boxes, not sure what "underperforming or suboptimal feature" means. Is there a way around it? Tried it on 3 different systems.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I did check both boxes, not sure what "underperforming or suboptimal feature" means. Is there a way around it? Tried it on 3 different systems.
Underperforming - perform less well than expected.
Suboptimal - of less than the highest standard or quality.

Is there a way around it - not as far as I know.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It is happening to everyone that I know who are using this workaround... we're using old school SMB Networking Mapping and it looks like it attempting to authenticate prior to an active internet connection....

Kris

It is happening to everyone that I know who are using this workaround... we're using old school SMB Networking Mapping and it looks like it attempting to authenticate prior to an active internet connection....
Well that sucks, not only did they take place holders or whatever away from us now they are making this unavailable. Was really hoping for this work around, 64GB is not a lot to work with. Especially when you have 1TB of Onedrive space.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Well that sucks, not only did they take place holders or whatever away from us now they are making this unavailable. Was really hoping for this work around, 64GB is not a lot to work with. Especially when you have 1TB of Onedrive space.
It will still work.... you just need to hit ok when the credentials screen appears .....