What's new

OneDrive NTFS

Carolv

Hi all,

Is OneDrive still limited to using NTFS format. I just purchased a SP6 and a Micro SD 256 card. The card is formatted to exFAT When I install OneDrive, I would like to point it to the SD card, but I don't know if MS will allow it to be installed on an exFAT drive.

Thanks,

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations on your new Surface, Carol.

If you wish to have your OneDrive folder on an SD card, it still must be formatted as NTFS. Unfortunately, NTFS is not fully compatible with some other operating systems, such as Mac OS X and PlayStation.

OP
C

Carolv

Congratulations on your new Surface, @Carolv.

If you wish to have your OneDrive folder on an SD card, it still must be formatted as NTFS. Unfortunately, NTFS is not fully compatible with some other operating systems, such as Mac OS X and PlayStation.

Thanks Sharpuser. I don't have a Mac or PlayStation so I'm good. I have a Surface Pro 4 - 8GB, 256, i5 but unfortunately one of the last updates killed the connection ports and it won't recognize the keyboard. Costco had a special SP, Keyboard and pen, so I upgraded to the 16GB, 512, i7. After I ordered it, I found out Amazon had bluetooth keyboards that will work so I ordered one. Will keep the i7 though too.