What's new

OneDrive Question

Kif

To make a long story short I deleted the default folders in my OneDrive Space. I was trying to delete my PC 'Sync Settings' so I could re-image my SP3 back to factory new. I now realize default OneDrive folders have nothing to do with it. So here's my question. Is it possible to restore my OneDrive space back to factory new without setting up a new account? I'm not even sure what are the standard defaults for OneDrive. In my recycle bin I see a Documents, Favorites, Public, and Shared Favorites folder. I don't use OneDrive for storage so everything can be deleted from it.

OP
Kif

Kif

Thanks, I actually already found the recycle bin. So here's the folders I show in my OneDrive web application folder. Are they the default folders? I'm not sure where they came from or even what they're used for.

Attachments

• upload_2014-8-7_9-9-40.png
    upload_2014-8-7_9-9-40.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 513

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I believe the default initial folders are:
- Documents
- Music
- Pictures
- Public

If you used to use "SkyDrive", you may have:
- Documents
- My Music
- My Pictures
- Public

Last edited:
OP
Kif

Kif

Thanks for your help. I'm coming from Dropbox and I haven't quite figured out OneDrive. Are the default folders important or can you just create any folders you want and go from there. I guess I thought OneDrive was a little more integrated than it is. When I save an Office 2013 Word document it does bring up OneDrive as the default location but not a particular folder. I figured it would bring up the Documents folder in OneDrive.