What's new

OneNote crashes Access when I open split pane mode...

mitchellvii

We'll file this under obscure bugs. I am still running Access 2003 because IMHO its the last time MS got it right. Anyway I have noticed that if I open OneNote 2013 in split pane mode it crashes Access. Dunno if this is all versions of Access or just my dinosaur copy. I know that Windows 8 isn't supposed to officially support Access 2003 but it does seem to work. Perhaps this is one of those situations where it doesn't?

Any ideas? Perhaps a setting I can change? Thanks in advance

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I can not replicate the crash using OneNote 2013 and Access 2013 (both x64 versions).

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

I can not replicate the crash using OneNote 2013 and Access 2013 (both x64 versions).

Huh. Thanks for looking into it. Here is exactly what is happening. I have a form open in Access. I open OneNote and then "Dock To Desktop" from the top menubar. This causes Access to immediately FC. I am running 32 bit Access I believe. It is odd. I will continue to test and get back to you, maybe can trace this down.

UPDATE: Ok does not appear to be a systemic issue at all but rather happens only when one particular form is open. I have noticed that there are few things that worked fine under Windows 7 for Access 2003 but which Windows 7 does not play well with.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Have you tried a reboot? On rare occasions where I have had a crashing app this seems to correct it. A quick thing to try and can't hurt.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Have you tried a reboot? On rare occasions where I have had a crashing app this seems to correct it. A quick thing to try and can't hurt.

Thanks yeah tried reboot. I am pretty sure it is some incompatibility with the form and Windows 8.