What's new

OneNote Pen Spazzes out

Trinhsetta

Hi guys,

So ever since I got my SP3 when it first came out, I've noticed sometimes that when I'm writing in OneNote, it will start to spaz out. It didn't bother me at first because I would erase it and just retype it. But I've noticed it has been happening more frequently and would like to put an end to it.
This is what it looks like when I'm writing.
http://imgur.com/ZhlAyQ0

I've had the problem on the stock windows, I can't remember if I saw it on Windows 10, I only used my surface for 3 days of lecture, and now I've reverted back to Windows 8 and it's happening again. It seems to happen in a certain spot of my screen more often than others, so I'm wondering if it is a screen issue or not? It doesn't happen all the time in that spot. If anyone has any idea, help would be greatly appreciated!

malberttoo

Hi guys,

So ever since I got my SP3 when it first came out, I've noticed sometimes that when I'm writing in OneNote, it will start to spaz out. It didn't bother me at first because I would erase it and just retype it. But I've noticed it has been happening more frequently and would like to put an end to it.
This is what it looks like when I'm writing.
http://imgur.com/ZhlAyQ0

I've had the problem on the stock windows, I can't remember if I saw it on Windows 10, I only used my surface for 3 days of lecture, and now I've reverted back to Windows 8 and it's happening again. It seems to happen in a certain spot of my screen more often than others, so I'm wondering if it is a screen issue or not? It doesn't happen all the time in that spot. If anyone has any idea, help would be greatly appreciated!

The pen layer is separate from the touch layer on the display, so it's entirely possible that the pen input could be having issues while the touch is working just fine. Have you tried replacing the batteries, just for grins?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
The pen layer is separate from the touch layer on the display, so it's entirely possible that the pen input could be having issues while the touch is working just fine. Have you tried replacing the batteries, just for grins?
I seem to vaguely recall people having some problems with calibration and the answer was to reset the calibration to defaults ... can anyone confirm that notion?

malberttoo

Ive reset the calibration a few times in the past :\

If the batteries don't resolve the issue, then most likely a hardware problem.

If it was ME, I'd do a full reset first just to see what happens. Just to be sure that it isn't a setting or software. If I still had the issue afterward then I'd know it was a hardware problem. But that's just me.

OP
T

Trinhsetta

If the batteries don't resolve the issue, then most likely a hardware problem.

If it was ME, I'd do a full reset first just to see what happens. Just to be sure that it isn't a setting or software. If I still had the issue afterward then I'd know it was a hardware problem. But that's just me.

I changed the battery and the nib on the pen. I've also did a full reset when I downgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1