What's new

Onenote Universal App: "Something went wrong"

This is driving me crazy. Although I can use the Office 2016 version of Onenote, when I try to use the touch-friendly of Onenote, I get the message "Something Went Wrong," and I'm unable to use it. This wouldn't be that big of a deal, except that if I want to use my pen to open Onenote, this is the version it opens. So as soon as I click the top button, "Something went wrong." Is there some way to either fix this error message or configure the pen to open the desktop version of Onenote?

Jenieliser

This is driving me crazy. Although I can use the Office 2016 version of Onenote, when I try to use the touch-friendly of Onenote, I get the message "Something Went Wrong," and I'm unable to use it. This wouldn't be that big of a deal, except that if I want to use my pen to open Onenote, this is the version it opens. So as soon as I click the top button, "Something went wrong." Is there some way to either fix this error message or configure the pen to open the desktop version of Onenote?
I'm guessing you upgraded to Windows 10...I had this same issue after installing Windows 10. My husband did a clean install of Windows 10. Since then it's been fine, along with a few other issues in the App Store (trying to update apps that didn't really have and update). I have yet not found a way to get the pen to open the desktop OneNote in Windows 10. Hope that helps. :)

Edit: wow, I just saw how old this post is... By now you probably already have it fixed. Did you ever find a way to change the default OneNote?