What's new

Online storage - MEGA

I have tried One Note, OneDrive, Google Drive, and any other online free online storage facility, but settled for MEGA as not only does it give the user 50GB of free storage, but as I store photos, I can keep them at a quality that allows me to have unlimited storage, and still be able to view the photos at 1280x720 resolution.

Once uploaded, I can then forward a link to access to anyone I like, and to anyone that requires the photos. I do the local football, so I send the link to the league secretary as well as to the two clubs involved. I currently have 34 folders using 5.54GB of storage, and each folder contains between 800-1400 photos.

OP
A

Argus Tuft

I know there is one for the Windows phone, which I've installed, but I used the .exe from the official site to install on my desktop.

Plantje

I use OneDrive and because I have Windows Phone, upload my pictures automatically and have participated in some other promotions I have 140GB for free.
But, it is good to have some competition!

I have tried One Note, OneDrive, Google Drive, and any other online free online storage facility, but settled for MEGA as not only does it give the user 50GB of free storage, but as I store photos, I can keep them at a quality that allows me to have unlimited storage, and still be able to view the photos at 1280x720 resolution.

Once uploaded, I can then forward a link to access to anyone I like, and to anyone that requires the photos. I do the local football, so I send the link to the league secretary as well as to the two clubs involved. I currently have 34 folders using 5.54GB of storage, and each folder contains between 800-1400 photos.

1TB on OneDrive courtesy of an Office 365 Rx, 50G on Box (free), 500GB on Sync. Of the three, prefer Sync because 1) it's in Canada, 2) their thick client lets me pick and choose directories to replicate individually. And 12GB each for multiple GMail accounts.

kristalsoldier

1TB on OneDrive courtesy of an Office 365 Rx, 50G on Box (free), 500GB on Sync. Of the three, prefer Sync because 1) it's in Canada, 2) their thick client lets me pick and choose directories to replicate individually. And 12GB each for multiple GMail accounts.

You mean Sync is a Canadian outfit? Or that their server farms are in Canada? And you mean this in terms of data protection, correct?