What's new

Only Getting 4hrs of Battery Life

skim175

I have a quick question. What's the longest time "Battery Bar" every says about the battery time? I have i7/256gb and the best I have every seen was 6:20 min. I am getting about 6 hr of run time without any gaming.

ctitanic

That would be something like this:

Capture.JPG

But there is not any way that I would be able to reach 14 hours. The maximum I can get is around 8 hours or 8:30 hours. Average around 7:30 hours. Mine is an i5. I expect to see less battery in an i7.

drzeller

I have a quick question. What's the longest time "Battery Bar" every says about the battery time? I have i7/256gb and the best I have every seen was 6:20 min. I am getting about 6 hr of run time without any gaming.

I've been consistently getting around 9 hours and 40 minutes, and that is what battery bar is reporting as well. I usually charge when it gets down under 10%. I've been watching pretty closely because I was interested in runtime.

I have the i5 8GB/256GB. My usage is mixed primarily between browsing and magazines using WiFi on an AC router with brightness around 35%.

David

skim175

I've been consistently getting around 9 hours and 40 minutes, and that is what battery bar is reporting as well. I usually charge when it gets down under 10%. I've been watching pretty closely because I was interested in runtime.

I have the i5 8GB/256GB. My usage is mixed primarily between browsing and magazines using WiFi on an AC router with brightness around 35%.

David

I am running with about 35% brightness. It does not really bother me much but 9 hours????? hmm. I should seriously consider exchanging to i5.

mohcho

Damn Domain wont let me run the pwercfg at command prompt....damn I have my IT department :)

Guess you don't have admin rights on your machine. :) Sorry, that's how I run my department. If you're a domain user, you don't have rights to install anything. This feature alone saves so much headache for IT.

Buy them a beer. Thut helps.:cool:

Agreed. Be nice to your IT department. They rule your digital life at your work. And they can make it very difficult for you to get your work done if you're not on their good side.