What's new

Open Desktop Onenote document in Metro Onenote?

Randomguy

Hey,

I'm wondering if its possible to open a notebook that was created in desktop Onenote in the metro version of Onenote.

The metro onenote has one feature that I really wish the desktop version had, the ability to "scan" documents using the camera. I've been playing around with it and it does a really good job. Problem is that all my notebooks are in the desktop version and I can't figure out how to open them in metro. Any help woul dbe appreciated!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'll assume all of your desktop OneNote Notebooks are stored locally, so you would need to migrate those to your OneDrive and then they would be available in the Modern Version.

OP
R

Randomguy

I'll assume all of your desktop OneNote Notebooks are stored locally, so you would need to migrate those to your OneDrive and then they would be available in the Modern Version.

Does the metro app only access files from the cloud? It cannot open local files?

OP
R

Randomguy

Correct....Cloud only for the MUI version and for the free version of the Desktop Application.

That's odd... hope they change that in the future.

Thanks for the response, will try moving a couple notebooks online and see how that works out.