What's new

Solved open surface pro 4 pen tip to reach its circuit board?

iiooii

Surface pro 4 pen randomly stop working lead to me suspect poor circuit board connection as described in the following post.

Pen intermittently not working?

But the fix is for surface pro 3 pen. As I try to do it on my surface pro 4 pen tip, it won't budge and I'm afraid to break it by forcefully twisting it.

Has anyone tried this with their surface pro 4 pen?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome iiooii

Why not just get in touch with microsoft who'll ship you a new one free of charge?

OP
I

iiooii

I wish it's that easy.
I bought it in Taiwan and the Microsoft retailers service here are horrible. I have sent my sp4 pen in for repair/replacement. They would deny any kind of repair and saying it's normal and would be fixed by future update, which after few month hasn't been fixed.
I've sent my pen in for repair the second time , but it just gets sent back saying they cannot reproduce the problem which is just bs. The pen would sometimes stop working as soon as I start writing something on the screen on a frequent base.

OP
I

iiooii

Quick update on the pen problem status: I thought I'd give the Microsoft service call center another try. This time they did not ask me to send in the pen and has promised to send me a new replacement pen. Problem solved.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Glad they sorted you out in the end.

FWIW, whenever I have an issue that is hit or miss on whether you can easily replicate it, I take a video of the issue occurring and forward them the youtube link.

seems daft that MS seem to treat different markets in different ways. Customer service quality should be consistent regardless of location.