What's new

opening onenote with pen doesn't work anymore

kristalsoldier

After turning bluetooth off and on again it started working.

Now even taking screen shot by double clicking works for the first time. (probably confused that function with taking pictures with the back camera)

Btw i recently tried to take some notes while i was on the train and since i had no wifi i couldn't start Onenote, is there a way to change that? Kinda sucks if i can't use it on the way.

That's odd! Let me turn off my wifi and see what happens.

OK. I just tested this - I switched off the wifi and tried to open OneNote (MUI) with the Pen with one click of the button and it worked seamlessly.

OP
K

Kamran Samaie

That's odd! Let me turn off my wifi and see what happens.

OK. I just tested this - I switched off the wifi and tried to open OneNote (MUI) with the Pen with one click of the button and it worked seamlessly.

Tried this and now it worked, before it tried synching OneNote and wouldnt start.. weird...

OP
K

Kamran Samaie

When you have the note page open, Swype in from right and open the charms bar, select share.

Ok that works, but cant i save a file from OneNote as a pdf, jpeg or something to e.g. send it by mail? I kmow i can share stuff with other people who use OneNote, but not everyone does and that would be helpful

Tsurugaya

You don't save to PDF you print to PDF, so you need to have a print driver installed that captures the PDF output as a file instead of sending it to a printer. Lots of freeware available for that.

OP
K

Kamran Samaie

You don't save to PDF you print to PDF, so you need to have a print driver installed that captures the PDF output as a file instead of sending it to a printer. Lots of freeware available for that.

I know that method from other programs and in the Reader i can do it by using the windows docutment writer (i mea i can choose print and then save it as a pdf). But in OneNote i cant even print, at least i dont see how (tried cnrl p).
I'm sorry if i am asking stupid questions, but as mentioned before, i am not used to windows anymore at all...

Bandito

To print from a Modern UI app you must open the Charms bar by swiping in from the right side of the screen. There you will find Devices and under Devices you will find the Print option.

Pretty obvious, don't you think? :)

malberttoo

Ok that works, but cant i save a file from OneNote as a pdf, jpeg or something to e.g. send it by mail? I kmow i can share stuff with other people who use OneNote, but not everyone does and that would be helpful

Other folks here probably have lots of different apps that they like to use, but I use Foxit Reader (http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/). It's a great PDF reader, and comes with a PDF printer.

So you would open your OneNote doc, and then print it. When the Print dialog opens, where you'd normally select your printer, change the printer instead to the Foxit PDF printer (or whatever PDF printer you've installed). Hit print, and then you should get another dialog asking you where you want to save the PDF once it is printed. After you pick a spot, and the PDF gets made, most of the apps I've used then open the new PDF to show it off to you.

OP
K

Kamran Samaie

I installed that reader and tried again, but I still can't print for some reason...

Edit: Is it possible that I really can't print from the metro mode OneNote?

Attachments

• Screenshot (12).png
    Screenshot (12).png
    16.2 KB · Views: 401

nnthemperor

I think you don't need a PDF printer to save as PDF. Once you have captured what screen you want either using metro OneNote or desktop version ( yes you can configure which to use as the default OneNote app), go to the desktop version, open file on the upper left hand side and on the menu of the left select 'save as'. In the dialogue box choose what format to save the file in and hit the save button. Don't forget to choose the location as well.

malberttoo

Is it possible that I really can't print from the metro mode OneNote?

Good point. Try it in Desktop mode. If it works there then yes, no printing in Metro.

I will say this, I like both versions. But for sure, Desktop OneNote has a LOT more functionality than Metro, although Metro is much more geared for touch input. Also I love the Radial interface on Metro OneNote.