What's new

Ordered Mine from Costco today

I ordered the package with the type cover, pen and 4gb ram, 128 gb memory. Thanks everyone for all the feedback as I slowly figured out what I wanted to do. I'm sure I'll have many more questions, I appreciate the patience of the people here.

I guess my next questions will be, how do I go about moving what I want from my rt to my S3? and what should I erase from my RT before turning it over to either my son or wife as a school computer?

compnovo

When I moved from my S2 to the SP3 I backed up all documents to OneDrive, then made sure syncronization was enabled in settings. I have a Microsoft account, so during the process of setting up the SP3 all my favorites and apps automatically migrated over from the S2 (this is actually the same process I used when moving from the RT to the S2).
When that's completed you can go into your User folder and delete favorites, documents, etc., OR you can simply refresh the device to its factory new state before handing it down (then spend a while installing updates).

OP
B

brocharlieb

Welcome to the forum LouCap, where you from man? I ordered mine today, and wouldn't be surprised if I had it in hand by tomorrow and be disappointed if not the day after.

LouCap

Thanks for the welcome! @brocharlieb, I live in Florida between Clearwater and St. Petersburg. Costco shipped mine yesterday (Tuesday) and it's going to take a week to crawl across the country. In the meantime, I'm selling off all of my Galaxy tablets (I have three) and playing around with an Asus T-100. In fact, it's that little T-100 that convinced me to take the leap on the S3. I figured if I loved the tablet/laptop experience on that with a slower processor, the S3 would be a little slice of heaven. Here's hoping!

Telstar1948

Thanks for the welcome! @brocharlieb, I live in Florida between Clearwater and St. Petersburg. Costco shipped mine yesterday (Tuesday) and it's going to take a week to crawl across the country. In the meantime, I'm selling off all of my Galaxy tablets (I have three) and playing around with an Asus T-100. In fact, it's that little T-100 that convinced me to take the leap on the S3. I figured if I loved the tablet/laptop experience on that with a slower processor, the S3 would be a little slice of heaven. Here's hoping!

I still have my Asus T100 (I've got a SP3), which really impressed me and still does. It's sort of a backup if my SP3 goes down. I suspect the S3 will be a much better device all around than even the T100.

DLCPhoto

I had ordered mine from Costco as well - same $699 package. Slow to process and ship, with expected delivery next week (ordered last Friday). Kind of disappointing.

I went to the Microsoft Store to have a look at all the options, mentioned my order, and much to my surprise, they agreed to match Costco's price!! I walked out with all the hardware, and had a choice of color for cover and pen!

Getting to work on it now.

leeshor

I had ordered mine from Costco as well - same $699 package. Slow to process and ship, with expected delivery next week (ordered last Friday). Kind of disappointing.

I went to the Microsoft Store to have a look at all the options, mentioned my order, and much to my surprise, they agreed to match Costco's price!! I walked out with all the hardware, and had a choice of color for cover and pen!

Getting to work on it now.
Good deal and nice to know they matched.
Welcome to the forum.

DLCPhoto

Thanks leeshor. Been researching this for the last couple of weeks. Looking for a small, light-weight device to bring on my photography traps, and this may just fit the bill!

OP
B

brocharlieb

Well, I guess I was wrong about how quickly COSTCO will deliver mine, then. A friend ordered it for me on her COSTCO account, she told me that she was used to receiving orders the next day or the day after. Apparently that's not going to be the case with this order.

LouCap, you're from my old stomping grounds, I grew up in Largo, Florida.

netuser

Good deal and nice to know they matched.
Welcome to the forum.
I went to a Microsoft Store and asked if they could match the pre-order price from Costco, and they said no because Costco requires a paid membership.
I went ahead and just ordered from Costco and it was delivered on the first day of availability.
Even if I didn't already have a membership, the $80 savings was more than a 1 year membership costs and you get extra warranty coverage and 90 days to return.