What's new

Ordered my Surface RT!

quadtronix

Just ordered my Surface RT from Staples last night... Overnight delivery so should be here today! I'm very excited... Can't wait to start playing with it.

OP
quadtronix

quadtronix

Enjoy. No matter what the media states, there are tons of apps to play with.

Thanks! :)

I will be loading it up with Netflix, Evernote, Pulse and some other stuff as soon as it arrives. I wonder if they have Tapatalk for it too... I know they have Angry Birds as I saw it in a commercial. :)

TeknoBlast

Thanks! :)

I will be loading it up with Netflix, Evernote, Pulse and some other stuff as soon as it arrives. I wonder if they have Tapatalk for it too... I know they have Angry Birds as I saw it in a commercial. :)

My knowledge, there's no Tapatalk. Yes, Angry Birds is there....along with the Star Wars edition, which I have. When you go to the Games Section of the store, there should be a tile for all Xbox games, select that one and install of the free Xbox games. I think there's about 9 or 10 games for free.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
There is a Taptalk client, I used it for a bit, but the IE Browser was superior for my uses.

OP
quadtronix

quadtronix

Make sure you allow some time to install updates. There are quite a few!

Well... got my Surface!!! It's really a sweet piece of tech! Installed updates and evernote. Now it's just about finished charging and then I'm gonna read some articles on it. :)

guitar1969

Thanks! I will check out Bento. Can I customize it to only display technology news? Cause that's what I like about Pulse...

Check out Discourse too - I liked it better than News Bento - Was more polished, and it is customizable to get just your tech news. It cost a few $$ though but well worth it