What's new

Original Surface 32gb questions

G-man

I just have two of these donated from two of our board members for our non-profit company.

Can someone point me to where we get these transferred to our account?

Also, is the Office 2013 RT on these a trial, or complete version? If trial, does anyone know the cost of Office RT? They only thing they will be used for is doing some word and excel files, then using a pen drive to transfer the files, since these cannot join a domain.

I am in the middle now of doing a factory reset, but the people who donated them said they had registered them. Just don't know where to start getting them transferred.

Any help is appreciated!

oion

I just have two of these donated from two of our board members for our non-profit company.

Can someone point me to where we get these transferred to our account?

Also, is the Office 2013 RT on these a trial, or complete version? If trial, does anyone know the cost of Office RT? They only thing they will be used for is doing some word and excel files, then using a pen drive to transfer the files, since these cannot join a domain.

I am in the middle now of doing a factory reset, but the people who donated them said they had registered them. Just don't know where to start getting them transferred.

Any help is appreciated!

Hi G-man,

This is the URL for both registering and UN-REGISTERING the MS devices. Un-registering first is the only way to get the ownership warranty transferred, and only the previous owners can do it. Microsoft won't do it for you, to avoid theft situations.

Office 2013 RT is the full working version. It does have certain limitations compared to desktop Office 2013, detailed here:
Office 2013 RT FAQs - Office.com

Last edited: