What's new

OSX on surface pro mountian lion

J515OP

Super Moderator
It was only a matter of time... I haven't seen one running linux yet but I haven't looked yet either.

HoHo

Surface Pro can run any OS that runs on Intel x86 platform. OSX, Linux and whatever out there. But what is the point of running other OS since they don't support touch or pen. It is a waste of such a nice powerful machine.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Surface Pro can run any OS that runs on Intel x86 platform. OSX, Linux and whatever out there. But what is the point of running other OS since they don't support touch or pen. It is a waste of such a nice powerful machine.

I think it is more because you can and for fun (yes some people enjoy doing this) than because they really want an OSX or other OS machine. I think that it is more spectacular when people port something like OSX to an Atari or TI graphing calculator than a completely modern ultrabook though.

HoHo

I think it is more because you can and for fun (yes some people enjoy doing this) than because they really want an OSX or other OS machine. I think that it is more spectacular when people port something like OSX to an Atari or TI graphing calculator than a completely modern ultrabook though.

Yes, I think people are just doing it for fun. Booting other OS off the USB sticks is cool.

Klownicle

Yes, I think people are just doing it for fun. Booting other OS off the USB sticks is cool.

Doesn't even have to be a USB Stick in this case, the hardware in a surface is quite simliar to a macbook air. Its just an i5 with HD4000 graphics, dime a dozen in the mac world. Everything is soo tiny in that video. Lol

machistmo

4.9 out of 5 Microsoft users approve this post! That's the beauty of this device... You can run whatever you want to run.... ~VIVA LA SURFACE~!