What's new

Outlook 2013 issues

cafutter

I have the Surface Pro 128 GB and have Office 2013. Microsoft Outlook comes with it. I work in a hospital and when I am in the hospital and using their Wifi network, outlook works fine (all aspects) in terms of Microsoft Exchange and Email, Calendar etc.. When I am not in the building and on my home Wifi network, it can't find the exchange. On my Ipad I had no problems with this. I am thinking there is a setting which needs to be change. Does anyone have an idea which might be helpful?
Thanks

larryG

what device do you use on the hospital? the same as at home? what type of connection there ?( in the hospital I mean, it's clear that at home - wi-fi)

OP
C

cafutter

I am using Surface Pro in both places. Wireless networks in both as well.
Am I answering your question properly?

jawest12

Based on what you have said above, the issue is because your iPad used ActiveSync to connect, which if configured so, will allow you to connect from anywhere. The full Outlook does not use ActiveSync. For the full Outlook to allow you to connect, they would need to either allow VPN, or better, setup your Outlook for Outlook Anywhere (formerly Outlook RPC over HTTPS). Or, if it is already setup, have that connection allowed in the firewall, and configured properly for outside access.

larryG

I am using Surface Pro in both places. Wireless networks in both as well.
Am I answering your question properly?
Of course. I've assumed that you use different devices and in such a way one of them probably has a problem connected with settings or drivers. But if not, I think it's interesting problem and I don't have ideas to solve it.