What's new

Outlook 2013

Dave the Gator

I just purchased a Surface RT (refurb). It seems to work great except it will not let me access Outlook. It keeps asking for the Microsoft Exchange Server, and I have no idea what that might be. I can't use the mail app because my ISP uses POP3. any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

OP
D

Dave the Gator

Yes. All sources work for two erroneous assumptions:(1) Outlook needs to be installed (it already there) and (2) open Outlook and configure it (except it refuses to open !

benjitek

Yes. All sources work for two erroneous assumptions:(1) Outlook needs to be installed (it already there) and (2) open Outlook and configure it (except it refuses to open !
I saw references to differences between Outlook on an updated Surface RT and a Surface 2 -- I think you need to take a closer look at the search results.

Last edited:

Omni

Go to Control Panel, All Items, Mail, Show Profiles and remove and recreate the Outlook profile. That should fix it.

OP
D

Dave the Gator

Great advice, and it looks like it should work...except when I try to enter info the keyboard does not appear so I can't enter the info ! Is this Surface maybe broken ???