What's new

Outlook Calendar and also Contact names

johnwell

Sorry if this has been covered, but a search failed to locate any posting.

I would like to know how to transfer my Outlook calendar to my Surface.
I already have email operating and sync'ed and do not want to interfer with any of those settings.
I have tried "adding an account" in the settings section but that does not work.
I would like to have my Outlook calendar sync'ed with my Surface one so that one operation will change both, if that is possible.

Also:
I would like to transfer my Contacts to the Surface.

Can anyone please tell me how to achieve both these functions?

Thank you.

ArnoldC

For older versions of Outlook, i.e., 2010 and below, you can install the Sync program. What it does it to "bind" to your Outlook 2010 (for example) and reads the calendar and syncs them to the cloud, i.e., Hotmail and from there your RT can Sync as well as your Windows Phones.

But I'm using Outlook 2013 now on my Acer Aspire S3 with Windows 8 Enterprise. First, I migrated my old Hotmail account to Outlook.com, then I configured the Outlook.com account in my Outlook 2013. Then, I disabled the local calendar (.pst) in favor of the Outlook.com calendat (.OST). Works like charm.

Last edited:

Codevine

For older versions of Outlook, i.e., 2010 and below, you can install the Sync program. What it does it to "bind" to your Outlook 2010 (for example) and reads the calendar and syncs them to the cloud, i.e., Hotmail and from there your RT can Sync as well as your Windows Phones.

But I'm using Outlook 2013 now on my Acer Aspire S3 with Windows 8 Enterprise. First, I migrated my old Hotmail account to Outlook.com, then I configured the Outlook.com account in my Outlook 2013. Then, I disabled the local calendar (.pst) in favor of the Outlook.com calendat (.OST). Works like charm.

Can you see all calendar categories in Outlook 2013? When I tried this, it only showed the general category from the Outlook.com calendar. I googled and some people said that the Hotmail/Outlook.com categories are not supported, because Outlook only works with color categories.

ArnoldC

Mine has four categories, including USA holidays, which I don't need. One is birthdays, and two more I can't remember.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express