What's new

Outlook ToDo app with Live tile

bulls96

I use a windows phone and use its default calendar app to input tasks which syncs with outlook.

Is there an app out there which syncs with outlook tasks and has a live tile to go with it?

Thanks.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
If you have tasks in your Calendar, setup up your Account in the Modern UI Mail App and it will show all of the Calendar Items in the default Calendar Live Tile and Lock Screen.

OP
bulls96

bulls96

Sorry you lost me. Set it up in the mail app?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, every account you setup in Mail automatically syncs with the Calendar App and People Hub. So now your Live Tiles and Notifications will work.

rabilancia

Yep, every account you setup in Mail automatically syncs with the Calendar App and People Hub. So now your Live Tiles and Notifications will work.

Yes, that's true. However, Bulls96's original question was regarding "TASKS." I too am seeking a "live tile" solution for tasks.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
OP adds his tasks to his Calendar, so for them to show up on the Live Tile Calendar he needs to add his account to Mail, as Outlook does not have a Live Tile.

OP
bulls96

bulls96

rabilancia was right. I was looking for an outlook tasks app that has live tile.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry I missed that, it appeared you entered your task into your Outlook Calendar. I'm not aware of a Task Tile that will pull from Exchange. Calendar would be the way I would do it.