What's new

OWA Mail App?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I've been messing with this for the past few hours again.
I used the same settings as I did on Android except, DOMAIN settings. Nothing is asking for "Domain".
I got as far as Outlook asking for login credentials. The log in box shows Domain=Surface. That might be part of the issue. I need to use the domain my company uses. I need to figure out how to change the domain setting.
My company uses Exchange 2010.

I used this tutorial:
http://smallbusiness.chron.com/sync-outlook-through-owa-59703.html

I got as far as Outlook asking for login credentials. The log in box shows Domain=Surface. That's where I am stuck at this point.
Your domain is either [email protected] or company\username if you are using Exchange 2010 go with the second option first....

OP
R

Rich OReilly

Yes your 2nd suggested is correct for what I should use and used on Android.
I entered that when prompted for user and password under the user name entry box. The prompt box still shows Domain as Surface on the bottom. How do I change that to my company domain?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Using companydomain\user should have changed that already....

Are you manually setting this up or using the Wizard? When the login box comes up select use another account (the second option IIRC)

OP
R

Rich OReilly

I've been manually setting up. I'll hit it again tomorrow
.lol..
Maybe I'll try the wizard.
By the way I'm using Outlook 2013 on sp3.
I really appreciate your help on this.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I have been using the Mail app for my Exchange and four other IMAP and POP accounts. I don't like to use it much, though. It's too pretty.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to go a bit off topic here, but I thought the mail app doesn't support POP. How are you doing it?

Rather simple: I use my went to my Outlook.com account and specified "send and receive email from another account" which allows you to specify my POP account. Then, I added the Outlook.com account to the Mail app. Works great.

annabanana

Got it. I thought you were saying you set up POP in the actual Mail app. Getting it with outlook.com isn't the same thing, but the end result is the same.