What's new

owner of orignal surface pro and surface pro 2

Since i have the original surface pro 128gb and now owner of surface pro 2 128gb here are my personal findings
Kick stand didn't bother me before
Boot up speed in windows 8.1 is slightly faster in the pro 2
WiFi seems to be the same
Battery life looks like a extra 3 to 3.5 hours in the pro 2
Sound is clearer and louder in the pro 2
surface pro has 109 gb of drive to use but the surface pro 2 has 112 gb ( not sure why)
waiting on my type cover 2 this week to see the difference

any questions i try and answer to you

kevinlevrone

Besides the battery life (which matters a lot, of course) the Surface Pro is still a nice buy at the discounted $500 price. I wonder if it's still on sale for that price in some places.

phubai

I appreciate your observations/comparisons. I bought the original Surface, due to the price, and am happy with it excepting the battery life. I mean, it's not that I'm unhappy with it, but when I hear about the additional battery life in the Surface 2, I'm envious! I don't travel as much as I used to, so it's not as important as it once was fortunately.

I appreciate your observations/comparisons. I bought the original Surface, due to the price, and am happy with it excepting the battery life. I mean, it's not that I'm unhappy with it, but when I hear about the additional battery life in the Surface 2, I'm envious! I don't travel as much as I used to, so it's not as important as it once was fortunately.
soon the power keyboard will be here which is even better

Korlon

soon the power keyboard will be here which is even better

Yeah right... I've been waiting for some news about the power keyboard for months and nada... By the time the power k/b comes the new surface pro 3 will probably be ready to ship, at least that's my impression. MS has some serious work to do on keeping its customers informed.

GoodBytes

Yeah right... I've been waiting for some news about the power keyboard for months and nada... By the time the power k/b comes the new surface pro 3 will probably be ready to ship, at least that's my impression. MS has some serious work to do on keeping its customers informed.

More like Microsoft needs to get expertise in manufacturing things, so that all accessories are out in time.
But, they said early 2014. That means they have up to the last day of April to release it.

CrippsCorner

But, they said early 2014. That means they have up to the last day of April to release it.

End of the 1st quarter they said, so end of March... funny they originally stated that the docking station and Power Cover would be out around the same time. One came early and the other's coming late!

More like Microsoft needs to get expertise in manufacturing things, so that all accessories are out in time..

My guess is that it isn't out of the development phase quite yet. I would also imagine that there is limited space in whatever overseas factory they're manufacturing it in and companies place bids for certain time periods. They probably did the math and realized it wasn't worth out bidding someone else for the amount of revenue the power cover will generate.

I have just got the surface pro 2 keyboard and wow it is so good to type on and the back lighting and material is so good, although i thought the first keyboard type cover was fine

SteveMark

If I don't expect to need more than 128 GB, do you think it's wise to buy a unit with only 64 GB and then add a 64 GB micro-card, thus saving substantial money over purchasing a 128 model? Would there be a downside?